Are you having problems opening your website although others can access it without any problem?
Here are some few tips that can help you resolve it.
1. Make sure you are connected to the internet
As simple as it may seem, a break in your internet connection may be preventing you from accessing your website. Please check your internet connection. If you are sure you are connected, proceed to step 2.
2. Flush your local DNS Cache
Open Command Prompt
- Click Start button
- search for "cmd" (without the quotes) and open it.
- Right click on Command Prompt and click Run as administrator.
- Enter the following command and press enter:
ipconfig /flushdns (with a space between)
- Press Enter.
- After that, type: netsh int ip reset
- Once done, restart your computer.
3. Check the DNS configuration of your network.
For most some of the networks, the DNS (Domain Name Server) that handles domain resolution is unable to resolve your website address. This is not a fault arising from Ultrahostghana's Servers.
The solution that has worked for almost all such cases is using a new DNS for your internet connection. There are tools available on the internet that can help you get a DNS for your network.
However, Google has public DNS which you can use for your connection and it works alright. You may check with google for their terms and policies on usage of their public DNS.
If you want to go ahead with google's public DNS, you can follow the steps below to make the configurations.
Note:The steps below is for Windows 7 operating system.
- Open Network and Sharing center: Click Start button -->Control Panel --> Network Sharing Center
- Locate and Click on "Change Adapter Settings" on the left Pane
- Find your connected adapter in the List of adapters, Right-Click on it and select "Properties".
- In the Properties window, Double-Click the "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- In the IPv4 properties window, Check "Use the following DNS server addresses"
- Proceed and enter Google's Public DNS addresses given below into the preferred and alternate DNS servers.
- Save and close all open dialog windows.
All things being equal, you should be able to access your website now.